Tuesday, December 17, 2013

For better or bitter?

i am back there again.
The same old dark place. i know everything is so transitory but when you repeat the same mistake, it is a sign to take stock of your life and what exactly do you want from it.

The less i knew, the less i needed and the more i was content.


M texted me. The usual shit about how he doesn't 'believe me' and the many mean things he always says coated with self-pity and irony. His usual style, as i have come to realise. If i was like before, one thing would have lead to another and i would have rented out my heart to him for another short lease, wherein he would trash the abode and walk away without paying the rent. Well, i am sorry for expressing my emotions in real estate terminology courtesy my nomadic lifestyle, but wth, you get the drift.
Anyhoo, this time was different and i guess, M wasn't ready for my verbal volley so he ended up resorting to the insult popular with many insecure schoolboys in their 20s, 40s, 50s and more. 'FAT' is the name of this game.

Relationships are like fat people. Most of them don't work out. 

- unknown

Okay. So i am FAT now. Maybe it is cuz i am not on an emotional roller coaster anymore. Or maybe cuz i finally notice when my stomach rumbles rather than pining away for a phone call that may never come. OR maybe cuz i met a man who really loves me (for now).
And though it is not always smooth sailing, i trust him. And of course, the on-demand-back massages, tummy rubs and his cute surprises are a bonus :P
So my fatness is contentment. Happiness. Peace. 
And i will lose it someday. But he may never lose his bitterness.

Sayonara
*_*


No comments:

Post a Comment